Re: Mods

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mods
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:51:04 -0800 (PST)
--- "S. Allen" <sallen3663@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also added Moss's third brake light and picked up some of
> LBCarCo's halogen bulbs for the tail lights.

I'd like to see if there is any reliable information that
these third brake lights make any difference at all.  In the
1980s, when they were first required, there was some novelty
value that caught your attention.  Same thing with daytime
headlights.  But now that everybody has them, it's just
another design feature.  I really doubt they have any effect
at all.  But, like I said, I'd love to see some information
on this from a reputable third party, not organizations that
profit from such regulations like the Insurance Institute for
Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration.

=====
David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com