Re: emergency brake

To: "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: emergency brake
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:25:02 -0500
IMHO: When the feds made dual circuit hydraulic brakes mandatory, the
manufactures no longer felt it was necessary to provide good hand/emergency
brakes. Today's handbrakes can barely hold a parked car on a slight incline.
Out of curiosity, I tried stopping my TD with just the handbrake. I found it
does a very credible job, and stops absolutely straight. I would not
hesitate to limp home with it from a fair distance. (The fly-off lever
feature is great for this, you don't have to push the button!)

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639
               71 MGB - #GHN5UB254361