Re: Roundabouts (was Re: replacing clutch on the MGB)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Roundabouts (was Re: replacing clutch on the MGB)
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:04:29 -0800 (PST)
A town near where I live is going roundabout crazy.  There is no
accepted protocol for using these things in this part of the
country.  You have people cutting each other off, changing
lanes, etc.  Some roundabouts have two lanes both turning right
into them with no indication of who is to go where.  I'm afraid
to take my MGA anywhere near them.  The Wall Street Journal
published an article about the roundabout craze a couple years ago
and determined that the average US traffic light or 4-way-stop
controlled intersection that is replaced by a roundabout
suffers a 700% increase in accidents.

=====
David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250