Re: Shop/Garage

To: Elliott and Martha DeGraff <degraff@erols.com>,
Subject: Re: Shop/Garage
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:00:07 -0800 (PST)
I assume you are going to put in some kind of 2 or 4 point lift. Do some
research into the company specs on the various lifts as they require x amount
of solid concrete under the posts. In many garage additions the floor depth can
vary greatly so that will be something you will want to monitor as they layout
and pour the slab. Just my $.02 worth.
Carl French
(With a mid 19th century, wood floored Carriage house  )

Elliott and Martha DeGraff <degraff@erols.com> wrote:
I am in the planning stages of constructing a shop/garage for working on
my LBCs. Anyone have any suggestions for interior layout and
equipment? How about links to helpful web sites? Book titles? Right
now, I'm looking at a steel building with a concrete floor that's
approximately 36 x 36 feet (11 x 11 meters). I already have a large
compressor, a lot of air, hand, and electric tools, and a MIG welder, so
I won't be starting from scratch. Still, I'd like to benefit from the
collective experience of the list and learn what I ought to avoid and
what I absolutely ought to have. Thanks in advance. (If this is too
far off-topic, please reply off-list.)

Elliott DeGraff
Poolesville, Maryland
1971 MGB (on the road)