Re: MGB in the snow

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB in the snow
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:04:28 -0600
With the right tires a 'B isn't bad in the snow.  My only competition
experience with the 'B
in snow was really melting snow and mud, so that doesn't count, but last year
when we got
some snow here I put the Hakkapalitas on and went bombing around.  Fantastic!
The car
went everywhere I wanted, never got stuck, and stopped as it should.  I had no
complaints,
though a limited slip diff would be nice!  It's not my Range Rover, and maybe a
little more
twitchy than most people would care for, but the GT in the snow was, to me at
least, very
respectable.

...but it is so tire dependent.  On (worn) Silverstone Rally tires I could
barely get the car to move
so I could change to the Hockey Pucks.  Rally tires (for a number of reasons!)
make awful
snow tires....once on proper snow tires, WOW.

Another but...maybe with a roll cage around me I'm more apt to disregard a
little twitchyness!

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary