Ahh, life is good. 77 MGB back on the road.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ahh, life is good. 77 MGB back on the road.
From: DMatt21502@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:50:51 EST
Saturday I finally started my rebuilt MGB. All major systems worked fine and
after a break-in period I even took it out for a short cruise. This car hasn't
been on the road since 1996 so I felt a great sense of accomplishment. I
still have to make some adjustments on the front end and work through a few
electrical issues.  Neither the horns or the windshield washer or wipers work.
I am
pretty sure the problem is in the push button at the end of the lever as well
as the switch itself. There doesn't appear to be any way to get inside of
these to clean and lubricate them. Also I have a Weber carb with electric
choke.
Even though I don't think I really need the choke I would like to know how to
wire it into the harness. Finally, while I was installing the new wiring
harness the dash lights worked fine but last night I noticed they don't come on
anymore. The illumination switch was out of a salvage yard so I am not too
confident about its condition. Are these prone to fail? Sure feels good to see
this
car back in one piece!! Dave Matthews