Re: lights!!!!!

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: lights!!!!!
From: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 07:57:03 -0600
The switch is probably just bad. Mine, a '77, was a little printed
circuit board with tracings that gave more or less resistance.

When I took it apparent, some/half/most of the tracings had come off the
board. I got a used one from someone on the list.

I believe the chrome trim ring is a nut. Comes out pretty easily.

oliver wrote:
> i'll guess that most of you have been laughing at my trials and tribulations
> with the 73 cbb.
>
> now that i have lights i actually drove it at night, in the rain, with the
> wipers working, too!  my son confirmed that the back up lights (reversing)
> work, too!
>
> i have faint dash lights.  when i turn the rheostat, it gets brighter and
> then dark.  do i just pull this thing out and try to clean it?  anything to
> be wary of, other than accidentally unplugging half a zillion wires up in
> there?  and how does that "switch" come out?
>
> tia!

    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \     1977 MGB
   \______/