Re: sticking clutch?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sticking clutch?
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:36:41 EST
In a message dated 3/7/2005 11:22:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
fschroed@mindspring.com writes:

Have any  of you ever encountered a "stuck" clutch plate?

Back in my ultra-poor days I drove my GT with the clutch becoming harder  and
harder to disengage.  I had thought that a worn clutch would show  itself by
slipping, but in my experience it was the other way around.  I  drove it until
the release bearing shattered.

Then, to make matters worse, I stupidly did not replace the pressure plate
when I myself replaced the release bearing, release bearing arm and clutch
disc.  I was so pissed I couldn't believe it.  I had to drive it,  without an
operating clutch, to have a pro do it right.

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang