Re: Roadside Emergency Parts/Tool Kit

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Roadside Emergency Parts/Tool Kit
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:28:07 -0600
At 08:54 PM 3/31/05 -0600, Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:
>  Aw, I admit I was having fun, Barney, and I haven't looked at your web
> site lately.  I remember when you advocated having spare alternators
> generators, dizzies, starters, c and etc.  I suppose you've pared it down
> since then. ;^)

I carry tools all the time, but I almost never carry more than a pocket
full of small spare parts.  Only on two trips (both greater than 10,000
miles) have I ever carried any significant amount of spares.  Even then it
was mostly gaskets and seals and lock tabs so I could disassemble and
reassemble anything if necessary.  Larger spares were limited to a water
pump and a pocket size fuel pump, and that's it (not even a fan belt).  For
the larger items you have mentioned,  alternators generators, dizzies, and
starters, I carry small repair parts like brushes and bearings, but never a
complete assembly.

Barney