Re: MGB to MGA rear axle swap

To: Michael LoSapio <myklos@stny.rr.com>
Subject: Re: MGB to MGA rear axle swap
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:16:35 -0400
I haven't done this, but since I recently acquired an MGB rear (late) with an
LSD in it, and I have two project MGAs, I am considering it for myself.  A guy
in our club did this swap for his MGA and told me it is straightforward bolt up,
except that the holes in the base plates (stock MGB) need to be enlarged so as
to accommodate the different spacing on the smaller MGA u-bolts.

At least that's what I think he said.  The most important part to me was that he
did it and it was not a noteworthy challenge.