Still battling clutch

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>, MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Still battling clutch
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:31:58 -0500
I've asked for quite a bit of advice regarding my clutch lately and I
still haven't solved the problem.  I have clutch spin - (not slip).
The clutch won't disengage the engine.

The travel on my slave was 3/8" which some think was enough and other's
didn't think was enough.  A new master cylinder and slave cylinder had
been installed by the previous owner.
I have replaced the entire clutch,  turned the flywheel and replaced
the bushing on the clutch arm.
I checked the first motion shaft and it had normal play.  The spigot
bearing was a little worn but didn't seem damaged and the machine shop
who did the flywheel thought it was ok.

I should have thought of this sooner but I connected a turnbuckle to
the clutch arm and chained the other end to the frame.  When I pulled
the clutch back it disengaged the engine so the mechanics work.

So it is hydraulics, but where?  The system does not leak.
I was using a vacume pump to draw the fluid down to bleed the system.
I also set up a pressure system and bled the clutch with air pressure,
didn't help.

My slave cylinder travels 1/2"

What is left?  -- remember the hydraulics don't leak  and  this whole
thing started pretty suddenly while I was sitting in traffic.  If the
slave cylinder doesn't leak,  I guess the only other thing is the
master but I would think it would leak as well.  What can go wrong with
the master?   Obviously I need to get even more travel than 1/2" out of
the slave.

Can the master cylinder not be pushing fluid and not leaking?

Thanks, Mike