Re: Still battling clutch

To: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Still battling clutch
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:54:55 -0700
Mike Duvall wrote:

> I've asked for quite a bit of advice regarding my clutch lately and I
> still haven't solved the problem.  I have clutch spin - (not slip).
> The clutch won't disengage the engine.
>
> What is left?  -- remember the hydraulics don't leak  and  this whole
> thing started pretty suddenly while I was sitting in traffic.  If the
> slave cylinder doesn't leak,  I guess the only other thing is the
> master but I would think it would leak as well.  What can go wrong
> with the master?   Obviously I need to get even more travel than 1/2"
> out of the slave.

What does the hose look like? I didn't see that you'd replaced it. The
rubber hoses can really expand when they get old., which would  reduce
the slave cylinder travel.

You can take a look at the hose when someone presses on the clutch
pedal. If it's cracked and expands, then it needs replacement.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose

------
Sure, "Scrum" is a weird name, but "Assault and Battery" was already taken.