Re: Still battling clutch

To: "Mike Duvall" <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Still battling clutch
From: "Dave Wood" <dwood143@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:16:46 -0700
Mike,

I replaced my original clutch with a rebuilt clutch rather than a new one
and when it went out after a fairly short time the clutch disk separated and
a piece lodged between the clutch disk and flywheel causing the clutch to
not disengage.  It did not slip noticeably prior to that or show any signs
of failing, just did it at the bottom of a hill at a stop sign about 3
blocks from home on my way to work.  FYI, I replaced it with a new clutch
the next time and am still driving it after 15 or 20 years.

Dave 72 B