Re: My clutch woes

To: mmorris@nemr.net
Subject: Re: My clutch woes
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:45:10 -0400
Monte,
   Level of oil in the transmission won't affect the way the clutch
works, though it sure will affect the way the transmission works.
   With respect to the clutch question---do simple things first.  Have
someone push the pedal while you observe the clutch slave cylinder.  If
the piston moves out 1/2 inch or so, the hydraulics are working.  If it
does not move out, a problem is hydraulic.
   Since there are only three parts to the hydraulics, it makes sense to
address all at one time.  The mess is the same that way and you know that
all possible troubles have been addressed.  Rebuild MC, rebuild slave
cylinder, replace the rubber hose.   If these rubber bits are original,
they are 25 years old.
Bob

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:42:03 -0500 "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
writes:
> Mike (Duvall) your disease must be contagious:-). I've been quickly
> skimming
> your recent thread about clutch problems since they didn't really
> affect
> me-until now!
> Tonight while driving 20 miles home, the 79B clutch pedal had
> considerably
> less tension than normal;
(snip)