Re: It gets messy-er - MG/ROVER

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: It gets messy-er - MG/ROVER
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:27:55 -0700 (PDT)
--- Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Don't think that's a textbook definition of Fascism - but I get
> your
> point. You're right, it's not true capitalism when the government
> supports
> a private industry to create a significant advantage for that
> firm.... At
> the same time, for any company to view a Chinese company as their
> 'white
> knight' is a serious mistake, in my opinion. At any time, there
> could be
> another 'Great Leap Forward' in that country.

No, it's not a textbook definition, but basically the only
difference between fascism and communism is that under
fascism, the government enlists the cooperation of
business with bribery and threats.  Under communism,
the government converts businesses to state property
by brute force.  There's precious little practical
difference between the two, which explains how China
has been able to morph from one into the other with
such ease.

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com