Re: It gets messy-er - MG/ROVER

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: It gets messy-er - MG/ROVER
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:18:17 -0700
on 4/21/05 8:32 PM, David Breneman at david_breneman@yahoo.com wrote:

> --- Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh, you mean like the US credit card, oil and health insurance
>> companies?
>>
>> <g>
>
> I'm with you on usury and insurance (of any type) but oil
> companies are, in my opinion, great benefactors of mankind.
> And they usually get nothing but grief from the government
> (remember the "windfall profits tax" that caused the oil
> shortages of the 1970s?).

You astonish me, sir! I seem to have read in the paper this morning that the
House just voted a large subsidy to the oil industry, plus immunity from
certain environmental liabilities, despite their record profits. If that
isn't collusion with the government, i don't know what is. But that's the
last I'll post on the subject.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149