engine races annoyingly

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: engine races annoyingly
From: mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:57:05 -0400
Hi listers,

I have a couple of problems that need the expert wisdom of this list.

Occasionally the rebuilt engine on '66 B races to 3000 rpm. Most times I can
blip the throttle and it comes back to idle....sometimes not.

Where do I look for the problem. I am thinking the obvious...accelerator
cable...but what about a bit of dirt in the dashpot causing the piston to stick.

The other problem is keeping the tubes from going flat with spoke wheels.
Covering the spoke nuts with electrical friction tape works for a while, but
when the wheels heat up the tape migrates to the edges of the rim and exposing
the spokes causing flats.....what do I do to prevent this?

TIA

Bob Stahlbush