Starting Problem

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starting Problem
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:25:47 -0500
Listers,

I have a friend with a starting problem on his newly acquired 72 BGT.  There
are 12 volts at the pos terminal on the coil until the starter is engaged --
then all juice is gone until the starter is disengaged again.  We tried
jumping directly from a brown wire at the fuse box with no change.  The only
way we could get it to work is to jump directly from the positive on the
battery.  Any thoughts?

Second question: has anybody ever found a distributor wrench for an LBC?
11mm, I believe -- although 7/16ths is only a bit of a sloppy fit.  Those
bolts can be a real PITA to get at.

TIA

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
58 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."