Re: Starting Problem

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starting Problem
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:22:53 +0100
72 didn't have a ballast resistor.  Even with the ballast resistor, and if
the direct connection during cranking had failed, you would have some
voltage at the coil - I guess about 5 volts - during cranking, which would
be enough to produce some spark and should be enough to start.  The usual
problem with these systems is that the ballasted circuit has failed, so that
there is voltage at the coil *only* when cranking, which allows it to start
but die as soon as you release the key.

PaulH.