Re: Wire Wheel Rubber Band

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Rubber Band
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 16:15:16 -0700
on 5/2/05 3:26 PM, Simon Matthews at simon.d.matthews@gmail.com wrote:

> Has anyone got any suggestions on places in the SF Bay area to get
> worn tires on wire wheels replaced? I was planning to go to British
> Wire Wheel, but Fresno is a bit of a drive.
>
> Rgds,
> Simon

Anyone can replace the tire, it's getting it balanced properly that's the
problem. If you can drop them off and live without them for awhile, O'Connor
in Santa Clara has shipped them to BWW for me. Or, there's a place in
Mountain View called Custom Alignment that has the equipment and can do it,
but don't sully their premises unless your vehicle is pristine. They
practically sneered mine off the lot when I wanted the alignment checked
(though they did mount and balance two loose wheels).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149