RE: Spyware Blaster -

To: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Spyware Blaster -
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:09:05 -0600
I am also a computer professional. Not intentionally, it just sort of happened
over a span of years, and eventually I became fully entrenched in the field.
As part of that assimilation, I became active on the Internet maybe 12 or so
years ago and have been on this list almost that long. Back in those days,
before Al Gore "invented" the Internet, it was mainly just computer
professionals on the Internet or it seemed that way.

I think what ended up sucking me into the computer field was my tendency to
fix things, something I acquired early on from owning LBCs, starting in
college. I am a network administrator now for a medium sized college and I
still see my main job as keeping the equipment tuned and running, just like my
LBCs. I sense that I am not the only one on this list who is tied to both
interests due to a tendency to troubleshoot and fix things.

Over the years, we have traversed many other topics besides MGs on this list
just as a part of general conversation. Computer technology being one common
topic. As far as the Microsoft spyware beta, I will have to agree. I am
running it on my work computer and it seems much more advanced than other
spyware detecting programs with its scheduled scans and updates. Its just even
now, despite the fact that Microsoft has helped me do well the past several
years, that I still find it ironic to be trusting M$ of all companies to
protect me from spyware.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B