C O N C O R S O V E N E Z I A - June 25th, 2005

To: healeys@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net,
Subject: C O N C O R S O V E N E Z I A - June 25th, 2005
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:26:29 -0700
CALLING ALL CARS, TRUCKS, MOTORCYCLES, & ART CARS!

New Southern California Event! Craziest Beach in the World! C'mon!

*************************************

                C O N C O R S O    V E N E Z I A

                ***************************************

                VINTAGE  CAR  SHOW  JUNE  25,  2005
                AT THE VENICE BEACH CENTENNIAL

The first Concorso Venezia, an "Old School" Classic & Custom Car Show, will
be featured at the Fourth Annual Venice Beach Carnevale! June 25th in
Windward Circle as one of the kick-off events of the Venice Beach
Centennial Celebration.

Santa Monica Saab is sponsoring this first Concorso Venezia focusing on
cars, trucks and motorcycles at least thirty years old and it is being
organized by the SoCal Arcane Auto Society, event producer Pierre
Vuilleumier, and automotive journalist, Rick Feibusch.

Rick commented, "It seems fitting that we celebrate 100 years of Venice
memories with a look at the cars that have been such as part of automotive
history.  The Shelby Cobra, and the Vector exotic supercoupe were developed
right here in Venice in the 1960s and early 1980s ( now a Pilates studio
)."  Pierre adds, "We are involving the Peterson Automotive Museum and
anticipate the arrival of some great cars from their amazing collection as
well." Jeremy Morrissey, General Manager of Santa Monica Saab explained,
"Santa Monica Saab is very excited to support the Concorso in celebration
of the Venice Centennial."

Don't have a show car?  Don't worry!  Daily drivers, vintage racers, street
rods & works-in-progress are as welcome as Concours quality restorations.
If you have a vintage American or foreign car, truck or motorcycle old
school custom car please join the celebration on June 25th.  There will be,
entertainment, a food court, and trophies in fifteen classifications
including a best costume award for the vehicle entrants who wear either
period togs for the car or a creative take on the car or event. You will
also have a chance to look over Saab?s latest models which will be on
display.

The Concorso Venezia will start and noon and run until sunset on Grand
Avenue just south of Windward Circle. We will start setting the cars up on
display at about 10AM.  During the Concourso, the Carnevale, Venice?s own
mardi gras will be in full swing all day and world famous Venice Beach is
just a bolck west of the show.

Pre-registration is not necessary, but can be done using our website at:
www.carnevale.us and further information is available at:
<carshow@carnevale.us>

Registration fee is $20 and includes: dash plaque, Carnevale t-shirt, and
an invitation to the after-event party in Marina del Rey. There will be
classes for American and foreign cars, trucks and vintage motorcycles, hot
rods, custom cars and pre-war classics.

Registration for the Concorso is available online at   The Carnevale!
Venice Beach is produced by the Venice Artists Forum in association with
the Venice Chamber of Commerce, the Bank of America and the Vencie
Centennial Committee.  It is supported in part by a grant from the City of
Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department.

Venice Artists Forum
A Non-Profit Corporation Dedicated to Promoting
the Art and Artists of Venice Beach
55 Rose Avenue   Venice, CA  90291
Celebrate@Carnevale.US
<carshow@carnevale.us>