Strange Overdrive Problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Strange Overdrive Problem
From: Thomas Pokrefke <pokrefke1@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 20:09:29 -0500
I put my recently re-built overdrive back in the MGB this weekend, and
everything works well with the exception of the overdrive disengaging.
After highway driving, the overdrive will not disengage.  This is
confirmed by the inability to push the car  backwards while the trans is
in neutral.  90 minutes of sitting later, you can push it backwards (ie
- the overdrive has disengaged).

Does anyone know what may cause this?  The overdrive pressure relief
valve is new, the clutch sliding member has less than 1000 miles on it,
and the tranny is full of Castrol 20w-50.

TIA,
Thomas Pokrefke