Re: Bentley for '69 B

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: Bentley for '69 B
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:47:16 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>
To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>; "Chas. Schlismann"
<racegt6@yahoo.com>; <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:37 PM

I have found that there are a lot of products that work much better than
WD-40 which was developed as a water dispersant (thus WD!) and not as a
bolt loosened

*****************

Barrie,

So, are you going to keep us in suspense?

I just removed the seats from my 79B and managed to snap off 3 of the 8
bolts.  I drenched the hell out of the remaining bolts hoping to loosen them
up enough for an E-Z Out to work.  No luck, I had to drill them out.

I used Liquid Wrench about 3 or 4 times and then tried PB Blaster another
three or 4 times.  What have you found to work the best?

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."