Re: A new MG enthusiast is born (somewhat OT)

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A new MG enthusiast is born (somewhat OT)
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:13:52 +0930
On 04 Jul 2005, at 9:56 PM, Gosling, Richard B wrote:

> I'd just like to announce to all my MG-owning friends the birth of
> my third
> child, Marcus Bennett Gosling, who was born on 19th June weighing
> 8lb 7oz.
>
> The fact that his initials - MBG - are very nearly the same as the
> name of a
> well-known classic car is pure co-incidence, I promise,

Congratulations - at least it gives the kid something interesting to
aim for... if they so wish.

A very esteemed member of the MGB Car Club here in Adelaide, fellow
motorsport Steward and my Chief Sector Marshal at the coming Rally of
South Australia (just a plug for those who like those things) is a
true gentleman named Leyland George.

When I was first introduced to him I thought it was a nickname -
especially as he was am MG owner - but nope, that is his name.

Thank god he didn't choose to be a Ferrari fanatic... or maybe his
name chose his hobby for him!

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia