RE: coolant loss

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: coolant loss
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 10:09:36 -0600
Have you tried another radiator cap? If its not holding sufficient pressure,
you could be losing coolant through steam loss. You didn't say how much
coolant you were losing either. I was having a problem with coolant loss on my
67BGT and I could see it was going out the overflow pipe. I tried another
radiator cap. But what happened, as near as I can tell, is that my BGT likes
to run a fairly low coolant level and so every time I topped it up, it just
ended up spitting it out. I think it likes to run with a coolant level maybe
1" or so below the fill neck and since I have ignored it, it hasn't shown any
need for coolant. Granted its a BGT with a nice oven inducing black interior
so I don't drive it when it gets really hot outside. Thats when the B comes
in.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B