Re: Forwarded: Oil Filter

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>, FlynShoot@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Forwarded: Oil Filter
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:26:29 -0500

>I dunno about the inverted cannister unit, but if it is the inverted
>spin-on unit, check here:
>http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/of100b.htm
>
>Barney Gaylord
>1958 MGA with an attitude
>http://MGAguru.com

Hi Barney.

On my '57 A with a 5 main B engine I run a B bottom mount spin on
filter. I changed to a 3600 filter ( the same as is run om many Ford
applications) which is longer and thinner in order to clear the
starter and the frame on the car. There in not a lot of extra room,
but the room is sufficient. It is just another option someone may
want to try.

--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://shawsgarage.mlcltd.com/