Turn signal problem

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn signal problem
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:41:10 -0700
On my new-to-me '79 MGB tourer, the left (driver) turn signal is driving me
crazy. Sometimes it won't come on, sometimes it comes on at about 1/3 speed,
and sometimes it comes on at 1/3 speed only when the engine is revving
fairly well. The right turn signal works perfectly at all times.

I've checked the lamps and sockets, and the ground wires (all measure 0 ohms
from the socket to body ground). When the left turn signals do work they
burn as brightly as the right ones.

My only thought now is that the switch is bad (a costly item).

Any advice?

Howard Battan
'57 MGA
'79 MGB