Re: WWA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WWA
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:28:23 -0400
S. Allen wrote:
> Can I throw in my 2p?
>
> First I've had it on very good authority, (my father who is a second
> generation MG owner) that the tube shock conversions were not to be done
> simply because the car wasn't engineered for it, and on LBC's you don't want
> to travel too far afield in doing things they weren't designed for. I mean,
> there's no shock tower to start with...
>
> Next I'd like to agree with Ed regarding WWA. I had them do the front
> dampers on my TD and while they had them I got called up for the
> unpleasantness in Iraq. They took care of me while I was gone and as far as
> I'm concerned enthusiasts can't send enough business their way.
>
> Like I said, my 2p.
>
> Scott Allen
> 74 1/2 BGT
> 52 TD

Do these comments against tube shocks only apply to the front suspension or to
the rear as well? I
put tube shocks on the rear of my MGB and they seemed fine. I would agree that
the tube shocks I
have seen for the front seem to be a cobbled up mess. I would never use them.

I have a TR250 and a TR6 as well as a couple of MGBs. I would not use tube
shocks on the rears of
the Triumphs. I'll keep the levers. The fronts were stock with tubes.

Don Malling