Re: WWA

To: "S. Allen" <scottallen3663@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: WWA
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:55:03 -0500
  My '69 B has tube shocks in front.  Not my idea, I bought the car used
and they were already on it.  In my setup there's a shock tower bolted
on top of the lever shock.  The bolts go through the lever shock
mounting flanges into the mount.  The lower attachment point is bolted
to the rear of the lower wishbone.  The lever shock is retained as the
upper control arm, and I suppose the control valve is removed for free
movement.  The shocks are Monroe-matics, so you can adjust the
stiffness, though I've never messed with them because the car handles
well as is.  I've been driving the car, including several loong
cross-country trips, no probs, for over 7 years.

   At this point though, the shafts in the lever shocks are getting
loose in their bushings, so I'll be having them rebuilt.  I expect that
I'll remove the tube shock conversion when I reinstall the levers.

   FWIW,

   CR