RE: Blocking Air Rail Ports in Head

To: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
Subject: RE: Blocking Air Rail Ports in Head
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:29:04 -0700
Tell me about it.  Saturday started out with oil changes on the MGB and
daily driver Dodge Neon.  Followed by dragging the new MGA out of the
trailer with a winch, the locked rear wheels making deep furrows in the
dirt driveway.

Took some time to clean the accumulated junk out of the car.  Makes you
wonder why a wire wheel car would have two lug wrenches in the boot.
Washed the car down and took lots of pictures with the sun finally
striking the bodywork for the first time in 16 years.

Winched the MGA into the shop, and started work on freeing the frozen
brake drums.  In the process managed to make a 15" Crescent wrench
shaped divot in my forehead.  Wife reminded me to always "work away from
yourself".  Wiped blood out of eyes and went back to prying the brake
drum again.  Finally the second brake drum came off after a total 3
hours of conscientious effort.  (translation, no beer breaks)  Put the A
back on the ground and admired it gleaming under the fluorescent lamps.

Collapsed onto the sofa with the wife and watched the last four episodes
of "An MG is Born".

On a different note.

I really wondered why they ever installed 48 spoke wheels on the car, as
the rear wheels had about 10 spokes broken or missing each.  I guess the
last owner figure 38 spokes were enough to drive on.

Kelvin Dodd