RE: starter drive cover

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: starter drive cover
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:51:28 -0500
At 05:25 AM 10/21/05 -0400, Gordie Bird wrote:
>I sent Barney a pic of the part in question, 280-015, the tunnel
>with the metal 'hump', and the cutout toeboard.  It is the rubber
>boot that covers the sheet metal protrusion in the tunnel that is
>required due to the starter position.  ....

Yes, I got it.  Eureka !!!  I wasn't familiar with this part because
I have a 1500.  Learn something new every day.

It is a rubber scuff cover to be applied to the bump on the tunnel on
the late 1500 and all later MGA, and apparently all Twin Cams.  It
allows the carpet to be trimmed to lie flat without a compound
contour.  For right hand drive cars the dipper switch is right above
this bump on the tunnel, so the scuff gard would be even more important.

I just posted the picture on one of my web pages here:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/interior/int101-4.htm

Thanks Gordie.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude