Re: Clutch Cylinder Problem

To: <Daybell7@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Cylinder Problem
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:26:44 +0100
Others have mentioned wear, but when my release bearing broke it required
two full pumps of the clutch pedal before it pushed the piston out of the
bore, I can't see wear giving anything like this amount of extra travel.
When I *did* have wear in the mechanical linkage (up at the pedal) it didn't
take much to move the biting point very close to the floor.  Therefore I
suspect that either something has broken or become detached inside the
bell-housing, or incorrect assembly or incorrect parts if this happened
immediately after doing some work inside the bell-housing.

PaulH.