Re: Engine running too cold

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Engine running too cold
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:20:15 -0600
Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:
> ***********************
> This message has been scanned by the InterScan for CSC-SSM and found to
> be free of known security risks.
> ***********************
>

>    My B isn't warming up to N either now that the weather is colder.
> It has been suggested to me that the thermostat may be stuck open, which
> would keep the engine from warming up normalally.  As I noticed Paul
> told you, the radiator should stay cool while the engine is warming up,
> then when the 'stat opens the header tank should quickly get warm.  I'm
> going to check on that today.

The thermostat on my 626 broke 3 years ago. It was a really cold drive
in. Of course, it happened in the week where we didn't get above zero
all week. I put it in the garage over night, leaving the wife's car
outside. Then I let it idle in the garage until completely warmed. 1.5
miles to the highway, showed the gauge going down. 1/4 mile on the
highway and it was all the way to the C.

Fortunately, I got it into the shop that day, and it was a much warmer
drive home.