Re: Engine running too cold

To: bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Subject: Re: Engine running too cold
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:26:22 -0500
Bob,
   You can dip a thermometer into  the top tank of the '71 MGB also.  It
may not be as accurate as testing in the TD, but will be close enough to
tell you what you need to know about radiator temp and the gauge.
   Is the fuel gauge reading accurately or as accurately as it ever has?
Since both it and the temp gauge are regulated by the line voltage
stabiliser, if both are reading strangely you can suspect the  LVS.
   I suppose you could rig up a pan to contain boiling water and wire it
to the car in order to test the temp sending unit, but replacing the
suspect sender would be a much easier way to approach the challenge.
Bob