Re: Engine running too cold

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine running too cold
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:00:39 -0500
I'm starting to think my cold engine isn't really that cold. As I mentioned,
I covered my radiator completely. Yesterday I took a 50 mile trip in 32
degree F weather. The temperature gauge stayed just above the 'N' the whole
way. After I parked a plum of steam billowed from under the hood.
Fortunately, it was coming from the overflow hose, not a leak. I'm thinking
this behavior shouldn't happen with the needle only a smidge above 'N'. How
can I check the calibration of my temperature gauge? (It's easy on the TD
since you can remove the cap any time, and stick a thermometer in.)

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639
               71 MGB - #GHN5UB254361