Re: LED lamps (was: Re: Replacement of Brake Light Switch)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LED lamps (was: Re: Replacement of Brake Light Switch)
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:22:44 -0000
Are you sure about that?  Usually the dual filament bulbs are one high
wattage and one low, where the low is the tail light and the high is either
the turn or the stop.  In UK spec it would be tail and stop where both are
red and the turn is a separate high wattage amber.  In the US it could be
tail (low) and turn (high) with a separate single high wattage stop.  The
colours changed between red and amber, and the positions between top and
middle on the cluster, but I believe the bulbs were always one high wattage
filament and one low.

The GLB380 is definitely one high and one low wattage.

PaulH.