No S-turns, no no-good hand brake

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: No S-turns, no no-good hand brake
From: Mike Torrusio <miket@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:32:54 -0500
All is well.  I thank you all for your suggestions and want you all
to know that my rear u-bolts were so loose you could see shiny spots
on the Axle housing!  Not only were they loose, but all the bolts on
my driveshaft - front and rear, and all the bolts holding the rear of
the transmission were also so loose, that one had fallen out.
Tightened them up and wow! no shimmy, no shake!  Zoom down the road.

I am normally an easy going guy, but let me say, that if you or
anyone you know ever even THINK about letting John Campbell of
Harrison, Maine anywhere near your car, you will live to rue the day!

That said, I also adjusted the hand brake as told and can now park on
a hill without worrying as to whether or not the car will be there
when I return.

One thing we noticed while the car was up, was that the NEW front
shocks that Campbell charged me for, are not only NOT NEW, but are
probably the original and are leaking very badly.  So, as I am
talented, but have never replaced MGB front shocks, is there anyone
out there that has that can offer some advice on how difficult or
easy it may be?

Once again, many, many thanks for the help thus far.

Cordially,
Mike Torrusio
Bouncing shockless down the road in a Brit Green 71 MGB