Re: Fuel Pump

To: MICHAEL JONES <jonesmp@prodigy.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:37:44 -0700 (PDT)
Good chance it is just the ground wire. I do not know what year the break off
is but my 67 has the ground wire going to one of the license plate bolts in the
boot. I think the later ones are viewed from the passenger side battery box
near the pump itself.
  Very common problem.
  Carl French

MICHAEL JONES <jonesmp@prodigy.net> wrote:
  I have what should be a simple problem that is driving me nuts. A friend was
doing some work on my 69' C and found the fuel pump did not work (car had sat
for 5 yrs). I then put a new pump in that I had for about a year. Didn't work.
I checked the voltage and had 14 volts to the pump. I put in another pump that
I bought a few yrs back at an auction and it didn't work. Am I overlooking
something simple or can you have that many SU pumps not working?
MJ