RE: Fuel Pump

To: "MICHAEL JONES" <jonesmp@prodigy.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:13:10 -0700
Michael:

You bench tested them correctly.  When 12 volts is applied the pump
should jump to life.

Ensure that you have the correct ground pump, the negative grnd had
black tape around the cover joint, positive had red tape.

Take the tape off, if you are careful you can save the SU script tape
for reuse.

The power terminal has a nut (I think 4BA), unscrew the nut, remove the
terminal and the cap will come right off.

Once the cap is off, use crocus cloth (great term that) to clean the
points.

Carefully ease the points apart and lay the cloth between them. A couple
of passes with the points closed should be all that is needed.  Retest
and re-assemble if everything works ok.