Re: Door seal fittings

To: dan_mgs@verizonmail.com
Subject: Re: Door seal fittings
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:59:24 -0400
Dan,
   Check the article about replacing vent window seals  in  Jan/Feb  MGB
Driver, written by Kim de Bourbon, Keystone Region MG Club.
   Outer door seals are pretty straightforward.  Though some say it can
be done w/o removing window glass, I've never been able to do it.  But as
removing the glass gives opportunity to clean, adjust and lubricate the
mechanism, it's worth doing.  Removal of the inner panel is necessary,
but it  doesn't take long to do. If you tear the plastic (likely) you can
replace with ordinary hardware store poly film.  You can do all this to
both doors in a long afternoon.
   The front suspension work will take a day if you use new parts. The
most difficult part of the job is dealing with the little bits of dirt
that keep falling into your working area.  Wash under the fender a couple
of times before starting disassembly, and again before reassembling.  And
do remember to put the weight of the car back on the tires and to bounce
the bumper a couple of times before you tighten the inner A-arm nuts.
Bob