the NYTimes does it again

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: the NYTimes does it again
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:17:44 -0400 (EDT)
In today's Times (Sun, 7/30), there is a neat little column in the auto
section (p14) entitled "Rust in Peace."  It is all about the RBB's. It is
funny, but sad, too.

The quotes are sometimes funny in a black humor way -  "Road & Track
called the latter-day MGB 'pitiful'."

It also recognized something we RBB owners know..."The MGB was perhaps the
most wounded victim of changing safety and emission rules."
Continuing...the article notes the change of hp from 96 to 63, car height
and other such bastardations to the beautiful CBB (my phrasing).

Despite all the different ways, British Leyland killed a great marque, the
article also notes that one can still find ads for RBB's currently at
supermarket bulletin boards.

I dare say, like cockroaches and other immortals, the MGB doesn't fade
from history despite human attempts to erase it.

Makes me proud to keep my car on the road.
Stay cool.

Bill Saidel
'76 RBB
BMCSNJ