Re: Headlamps on 79 B Roadster.....

To: "DON SCOTT" <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headlamps on 79 B Roadster.....
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:32:09 +0100
Abingdon MGs never got any more fuses apart from the electric fan(s).  When
they started installing a much-needed relay for the heated rear window which
puts a lot of strain on the green circuit and fuse (the V8 had twin electric
fans on the same fuse!) it was only for a year then they took it off again.
Longbridge MGs (Metro/Maestro/Montego) got fusing as per the non-MG cars
which was more than the MGB, the later Z-cars had pretty-well everything
fused as per modern practice.

If you are going to fuse uprated headlights (recommended in my book) it
should be one fuse per filament *after* the relays, plus an overall fuse
protecting the 12v supply to the relays about 4 times the rating of
individual fuses.

PaulH.