Re: Damaged MGA Engine?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Damaged MGA Engine?
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:52:24 -0700 (PDT)
--- Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com> wrote:
> At 10:16 PM 8/13/2006 -0500, Robert Guinness wrote:

> >.... Also, any hints on how to prevent the oil gauge hose from
> >becoming disengaged in the future will be appreciated.
>
> Install a new oil pressure hose and hope for good fortune.  I
> replace
> my pressure hose about as often as I give the car a new
> engine.  Meanwhile, try not to hit it with a heavy wrench.

Since the oil pressure gauge is the most important one in the
car, I check mine every 5-10 seconds.  I've been doing that
religiously since I bought my first car, a 1968 MGB, in 1977.
I even check the oil pressure in my Evil Dolphin Choking SUV,
and it starts dinging its little synthesized chime if any
gauges drop below the safe level.  Like wearing a seatbelt, if
you *force* yourself to check the oil pressure frequently for
a week, it soon becomes an unbreakble habit,  Good luck with
your engine.

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com