Re: Carburetion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carburetion
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:45:11 -0500
  Back in the late '70s, while living in El Paso, TX,  I came by a '70B
which I rebuilt and was happy with.  Except that I couldn't keep the
carbs synchronized.  Back in those days there was only one LBC dealer,
Casner Imports, in town and those guys weren't telling anybody anything
for free.  Also, we didn't have the I'net resources that we have now.
As a result I didn't know that my problem with the HS-4s was that the
throttle shafts were leaking air.  So I put on a Weber downdraft
conversion kit with the electric choke and drove that car for many happy
miles and years.

   When I ran into the same prob with my present ('69) B I knew more
thru having more resources for info - thanks MG list! - replaced the
throttle shafts, tuned the carbs and haven't had to adjust them for years.

   BTW, I still have the complete HS-4 intake system that I took off the
'70B.  I think they're they're AUD 426 carbs.  Anyone know what this is
worth?  I might swap them for a good cylinder head.

   Cheers,

    CR