Re: Wiring Question

To: "Ray Graham" <rgraham@sigecom.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring Question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 12:44:30 +0100
Brown (always on, unfused) should feed purple (always on, fused), white
(ignition, unfused) should feed green (ignition, fused).  There should be no
red wires at the fusebox on a 66, this only happened when the 4-fuse box
arrived in 1970.  However the year before that the parking lights were fed
by in-line fuses in red wires, one fuse per end, but still some time after
66.  According to my diagrams side-markers didn't arrive until the 1970
year, so you have a later harness.

Without knowing the year of your harnesses (main and rear) it is difficult
to give exact instructions.  But basically the one or two red wires from the
rear harness should go to red wires in the main harness in the mass of
connectors near the fusebox and that should fix the tail lights.  If there
is a red/green wire coming out of the main harness by the fusebox then that
would normally be feeding the top two fuses (parking lights) on cars with a
4-fuse box, you can use that wire.

The front and rear markers were originally connected to a blue wire from the
main lighting switch to be on only with the headlights (main or dip), then
in 72 changed to be on with parking lights i.e. connected to a red wire.
The former had plain blue wires in the main harness going to the connectors
by the headlights and also the rear harness, the latter did not.  If you
have the former harnesses you can chose whether they come on with the
parking lights (red) or just headlights (blue).  In the latter just connect
them to the red.

PaulH.