odd overdrive symptom

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: odd overdrive symptom
From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 23:37:31 +0200
Just opened up my very intermittent OD (LH type, 70 roadster) again to see
if some new o-rings could help me out.
I noticed that the little square panel on the bottom (the one you remove to
get at the solonoid) is pushed out as though it recieved a hammer blow from
the inside.  Very strange.  Any clue what could have caused this?  I
wouldn't think the even with blocked internal passages there would be enough
pressure for the oil to push it out.
And I don't think the solonoid can push the wrong way even if it were hooked
up backward (which it wasn't) or got a jolt of reverse current somehow.

any ideas?

RMartin
70 roadster
Tel Aviv