[MGS] Ultimate Garage Giveaway / Iola Car Show

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MG List"
Subject: [MGS] Ultimate Garage Giveaway / Iola Car Show
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:49:58 -0500
Enter here for the 2007 version of Old Cars Weekly's Ultimate Garage Giveaway

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/

BTW, who is going to the Iola Old Car Show (Iola, WI) this year?  Dates are
July 12, 13, 14 and 15.  It's the biggest car show in the mid-west.

(PPP, if you talk with Chris Mills in the next couple of weeks, see if we can
give him enough warning to join us this year.)

I just confirmed with John Gunnell that we will be having free admission for
our British cars again on Sunday the 15th.

His reply:

Yes, and it will be much improved over last year.

The Old Car Show staff has a new PR person named Rick Schlabowske. Rick is
also a Triumph guy and a FCBCC member. Here is his email

rick@iolaoldcarshow.com

The plan is to do International Alley on Sunday again with free admission to
participating cars. We will have much nicer real estate this year. The shaded
area in the far northwest corner of the show grounds is envisioned as the
location. This is just north of the KP tennis courts and just west of the Blur
Ribbon are. It is a partly secluded area and one that can probably accommodate
100-125 cars set off, but prominent in the front of the show.

KP (Krause) is going to do a flyer to promote the show for handout at Sussex.
They will also have our imported car books available in that area. So there
should be more support from both the car show and the publishing company,
although I hope FCBCC benefits the most.

I have been trying to find an email for Jim Marks, but I don't have it, so
that is one reason the word hasn't gotten out yet, but there's enough time. As
soon as I hear whether Jim and FCBCC are on board, I can do a write up for Old
Cars Weekly and also send copies to local papers.

Plans are a little preliminary and could change slightly, but it sounds like
it will be a good venue.

John Gunnell
Team Leader
Transportation Books
F + W Publications
700 E. State Street
Iola, WI 54990

715 445 2214 extension 248

John.Gunnell@FWPubs.com

BTW, John wrote a real nice British sports car book called "Standard Guide to
British Sports Cars" (as well as a ton of other car books).

I recommend it.  Anybody who would like a copy and can't make it to the show,
let me know and I can pick up a copy and have John sign it for you.

It says $24.99 on the back of the book.  It seems to me that I got it cheaper
through our Brit car club, FCBCC, of which John is a member.  NFI, it's just a
good book and John is a good guy and a big-time Brit car fan and owner.