Re: [Mgs] Engine Rebuild Video or books

To: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>, "MG List"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Engine Rebuild Video or books
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:08:03 -0700
Ron:

Mark pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

I've built a number of B engines, but they are usually at least a year
apart and I forget most of what I learnt the last time.

The Doolin video is a great refresher for me and I got a lot out of it.
The step by step booklet, as Mark noted is a must have on the bench.

I also agree that if you want to learn more about engine performance,
the Peter Burgess book is excellent. It blows a lot of old "lore" out of
the water and gives excellent procedures for such things as cam timing
and balancing. It doesn't cover the engine rebuild, but does a great job
of what to pay attention to. The Doolin video covers the greasy, nasty
bits better than any workshop manual.

Kelvin Dodd

On