Re: [Mgs] Advice wanted on MGB Brake Master Cylinder

To: rocknatural@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Advice wanted on MGB Brake Master Cylinder
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:37:59 -0400
  The washer-looking thing is a spacer made of a hard white plastic,
Delrin, I believe.  Its fit is snug in the bore and I don't believe you
can get it to come out by banging it on a board; I could not do it.  I
drilled it and screwed in a self tap screw, which I could then hook and
pull on to remove the spacer.
   These MCs are difficult to work on, and I have not been able to get
them to not leak. Unless you fancy the challenge of it all, you might
want to buy a new one and be done with the hassle.
Bob